MLW Announces Partnership with Dragon Gate
During Saturday’s Fightland 2020 event in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Major League Wrestling announced that they have signed an official partnership with Japanese promotion Dragon Gate.
— Court Bauer (@courtbauer) February 2, 2020
Post Wrestling’s John Pollock reported that talks between the two companies had been going on for a while and that the official deal was signed last week. Pollock also reported that MLW officials are currently working on securing visas for Dragon Gate talent in order to be able to use them for future MLW events.
NJPW The New Beginning USA 2020 Night 5 Results
February 1, 2020
Atlanta, Georgia – Coca-Cola Roxy
Quick Match Results:
- Yuji Nagata & Satoshi Kojima defeated Ren Narita & Karl Fredericks via Backdrop Hold (pinfall 10:57)
- YOSHI-HASHI defeated Misterioso via Butterfly Lock (submission 10:57)
- Colt Cabana & Toru Yano defeated Jado & Yujiro Takahashi via Schoolboy (pinfall 9:40)
- Rocky Romero defeated Chase Owens via Package Driver (pinfall 17:37)
- The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express & Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated Clark Connors, Alex Zayne, & TJP via High Fly Flow (pinfall 13:19)
- Jeff Cobb defeated Lance Archer via Tour of the Islands (pinfall 17:55)
- IWGP Tag Team Championship – Guerillas of Destiny defeated David Finlay & Juice Robinson (c) via Pinfall (18:44)
Misc. Wrestling News & Notes
Taya Valkyrie recently denied rumors of her current contract with Impact Wrestling expiring in December of this year. Valkyrie stated on Twitter that she had signed a two-year contract with Impact in early 2019, meaning her current will expire in early 2021 instead.
Chase Owens announced on Twitter that he has recently signed a new multi-year contract with New Japan Pro Wrestling.
The official game program for NFL’s Super Bowl LIV championship game contained a full-page advertisement from All Elite Wrestling for their weekly Dynamite television series.
Joey Janela announced a new match for the card of Game Changer Wrestling’s Joey Janela’s Spring Break IV event on April 3rd in Ybor City, Florida:
– Minoru Suzuki vs. Orange Cassidy