Impact Reportedly Tried to Bring In Several Big Names for Bound For Glory 2021
Impact Wrestling held their Bound For Glory 2021 event this past Saturday in Las Vegas, Nevada. During the event, Rocky Romero and the Kiss Demon made surprise appearances during the Call Your Shot Gauntlet match.
Fightful Select reported that Impact officials originally had plans for Braun Strowman, Bray Wyatt, and Bronson Reed to make potential surprise appearances at their Bound For Glory 2021 event as well.
In regards to Strowman, real name Adam Scherr, it was reported that throughout this past week, all of Impact’s talent had believed that Strowman would be making his official debut at the event. It was reported that Strowman and Impact have held talks recently regarding a potential contract but no deal has been signed yet.
In regards to Wyatt, it was reported that their sources stated that Impact did contact Wyatt recently but a deal between the two sides was never close being made.
In regards to Reed, it was reported that their sources stated that Reed was booked to appear at the event but was then unbooked afterwards due to reasons not given.
NJPW Announces Full Card for Power Struggle 2021
New Japan Pro Wrestling recently announced the full card for their Power Struggle 2021 event, which takes place on November 6th at the Osaka Prefectural Gym in Osaka, Japan. Power Struggle 2021 will air live on New Japan World starting at 4:00AM EST.
- Kosei Fujita & Ryohei Oiwa vs. DOUKI & Yoshinobu Kanemaru
- Tiger Mask, Tomoaki Honma, & Togi Makabe vs. Jado, Gedo, & Tanga Loa
- Master Wato, Ryusuke Taguchi, & Yuji Nagata vs. BUSHI, Hiromu Takahashi, & SANADA
- NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship – SHO, Yujiro Takahashi, & EVIL vs. YOSHI-HASHI, Tomohiro Ishii, & Hirooki Goto (c)
- Provisional King of Pro Wrestling 2021 Championship – Great-O-Khan vs. Toru Yano (c)
- IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship – El Desperado vs. Robbie Eagles (c)
- IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship – KENTA vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi (c)
- IWGP World Heavyweight Championship Right to Challenge Contract match – Tama Tonga vs. Kazuchika Okada (rights holder)
- IWGP World Heavyweight Championship – Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Shingo Takagi (c)
In regards to the Provisional King of Pro Wrestling 2021 Championship match, NJPW is currently holding an online fan poll to determine the official match stipulation between an Amateur Wrestling rules match or a Kiss My Feet match.
Misc. Wrestling News & Notes
Impact Wrestling reportedly will be holding their next set of Impact! television tapings on November 20-22 at Sam’s Town in Las Vegas, Nevada, according to the Wrestling Observer. These tapings reportedly will also include the taping for Impact’s Turning Point 2021 event.
Former TNA and Impact wrestler Jimmy Rave announced on Twitter that he recently underwent surgery to have both of his legs amputated due to a MRSA infection. A GoFundMe fundraiser was recently launched to help financially assist Rave with his medical expenses.
VICE TV recently released a trailer for the season finale episode of their Dark Side of the Ring series this Thursday on the network. This upcoming episode will focus on the 1994 steroid trial involving Vince McMahon and WWF.
Major League Wrestling recently announced a new match for the card of their War Chamber 2021 event on November 6th in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania:
- Willow Nightingale vs. Holidead