John Cena Says He Was Supposed To Win 17th World Title at SummerSlam 2021 & Brock Lesnar’s Return Changing Plans
A recent episode of the No Contest Wrestling podcast featured former WWE wrestler John Cena as the guest. One of the topics discussed included Cena revealing that he was originally planned to win his 17th World Championship at WWE SummerSlam 2021 and how Brock Lesnar’s return caused those plans to be changed.
“In the last moment, we had a surprise guest booked, he came out after the match was over. Brock. They didn’t secure Brock until 5 PM that day. I was going to win 17. We were going to have someone come out and restart the match, Roman was going to take it back. This is creative. The way we were going to put together the match, we were going to give them a hell of a match. Everything out the door. No rules, no nothing. Tons of finishers because I was going to win, and then Roman was going to take it back. You have this hard fought battle, and through a nefarious set of rules, match is restarted. Then, we secure Brock. [Talent relations] comes and says, ‘I need to see you. We’re switching the finish.’ ‘To what?’ ‘Roman over. Clean.’ ‘Okay. Let me talk to Roman and Paul.’ We go in, ‘You got the news? What do we do?’ I said, ‘One spear. That’s it. Whatever match you want to have, that’s fine. You beat me with your finish once.’ I love Paul, Paul Heyman has been a great mentor. He gets it and he recognizes somebody who sees it’s not about them, it’s about the story. This is going to make Roman better. It switched. Right there. An hour before. It happens to everyone. I didn’t flip out. It happens all the time. I was supposed to win 17 that night.”
Transcript h/t: Fightful.com
Kevin Nash Apologizes For Using Derogatory Term While Critiquing Je’Von Evans
A recent episode of the Kliq This podcast featured WWE Hall of Famer and co-host Kevin Nash giving his criticisms about Je’Von Evans’ ring work quality since his call-up to WWE’s main roster. While Nash was mostly positive in regards to Evans’ ring work and atheism, he took the most issue with his belief that Evans comes more off as being a “Mr. Bojangles” and lacking a bit of an edge to his striking abilities during matches.
“He’s an incredible athlete. He’s a little bit too f***ing Mr. Bojangles for me. I wish he was a little bit more urban. I understand it’s Netflix. I understand there’s a big f***ing world out there besides the one that f***ing 66-year-old Detroit boy Kevin Nash wants, but I just want him to have a little bit of an edge.
But if he’s not going to have an edge, then — he knows how to throw, he can strike, he throws a good punch. F***ing take your time and throw a good punch. Maybe put two or three together. Something where f***ing you tell me if this sh*t was real, all this athleticism I have, I can use. Not if this sh*t was real, motherf***er, I would cartwheel off your motherf***ing body like you would never see.”
Following the online negative backlash over some of the wording used in his criticisms of Evans’ ring work, Nash issued an apology in a now deleted tweet for using a derogatory term to describe Evans.
“How often have you heard the term Uncle Tom? Most likely, it was used in a degrading way. If you’ve actually read the literature, Uncle Tom was whipped to death for helping free two female slaves. I apologize for the use of the term Mr. Bogangles, it was in poor taste and obviously offensive. I just see talent being pushed in a direction that I disagree with. He should be the male version of Sol Ruca. More contemporary than urban. It’s funny how I’m usually the only person who pays attention to the development of black talent.”
Transcript h/t: F4WOnline.com
Former WWE Director Kerwin Silfies Passes Away
Former WWE director Kerwin Silfies passed away on Tuesday at the age of 75.
Silfies passing was first announced by PWInsider’s Mike Johnson who stated that Silfies had been dealing with some health issues prior to his passing.
Silfies had a very lengty career in WWE spanning from 1985 until 2020. Silfies was among those furloughed during the COVID-19 pandemic and never returned back to the company. Marty Miller, current WWE RAW director, replaced Silfies following his departure from the company.
Silfies played a major role in the success and growth of WWE from its national expansion in the 1980s to its global expansion afterwards from the shows broadcast and presentation side of the company. Among Silfies contributions to WWE included him being the director of Saturday Night’s Main Event shows during its original run in the 1980s, WrestleMania events, and WWE’s first broadcasts in Saudi Arabia.
Silfies was also known for his work and focus on character vignettes and being in charge directing the infamous Steve Austin-Brian Pillman gun angle on the November 11, 1996 episode of WWE RAW.

2/24 WWE NXT Show Reportedly Being Moved From Atlanta, GA
Xavier Woods Taking Time Off Due To Shoulder Injury
TNA Impact! Ratings – Feb. 12, 2026 – Viewership Up




