Various: NJPW Best of the Super Juniors, CM Punk Lawsuit Update, Indies
Full Card for NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Night 6
NJPW recently released the full card for Night 6 of their on-going Best of the Super Juniors tournament. This event occurs later this morning at the Osaka Municipal Central Gymnasium in Osaka, Japan and airs on New Japan World.
Full card for Night 6:
* Shota Umino, Tomoyuki Oka, & Tiger Mask versus Yuya Uemura, Yota Tsuji, & Flip Gordon.
* Toa Henare & ACH versus Yoshi-Hashi & Yoh.
* Taiji Ishimori & Chase Owens versus Minoru Suzuki & Yoshinobu Kanemaru.
* Gedo & Will Ospreay versus Tetsuya Naito & BUSHI.
* Best of the Super Juniors B Block – Chris Sabin versus Marty Scurll.
* Best of the Super Juniors B Block – KUSHIDA versus Ryusuke Taguchi.
* Best of the Super Juniors B Block – Sho versus El Desperado.
* Best of the Super Juniors B Block – Dragon Lee versus Hiromu Takahashi.
CM Punk Libel Lawsuit Update
As noted before, CM Punk and Colt Cabana are currently facing a libel lawsuit from WWE doctor Christopher Amann in regards to Punk’s claims of medical malpractice by Dr. Amann during his time working for the WWE. After the trial was recently delayed from its start date, it was reported lawyers from both sides were in talks regarding a potential settlement being reached.
In an update to this situation, the Wrestling Observer’s Dave Meltzer reported in this week’s Newsletter that CM Punk’s lawyers rejected potential settlement deals and instead want to go forward with the trial taking place. Meltzer reported Punk’s lawyers feel very confident that they have enough evidence to reject Dr. Amann’s libel claims and Punk wants to have a moral victory over the WWE should the lawsuit be dismissed. Meltzer also reported Punk is risking a huge monetary hit should the court end up ruling in favor of Dr. Amann.
Misc. Wrestling News & Notes
The Wrestling Observer Dave Meltzer reported a rift between Major League Wrestling and World Wrestling Network (WWNLive) has recently developed revolving around MLW’s recent television deal. WWN was reported to be very upset at MLW having their own television deal and as a result, are no longer allowing Matt Riddle to appear at any MLW event going forward.
EVOLVE announced the card for their June 23rd event in Queens, New York features an EVOLVE Championship match of Shane Strickland versus Matt Riddle (c).
CBS recently confirmed rumors of John Hennigan (Johnny Mundo in Lucha Underground) being among the cast for the next season of Survivor. Hennigan was among the contestants shown in a recent preview trailer for the upcoming season.