Another WWE Television Contracts Update
Besides receiving over $2 billion from their new television contracts, WWE is currently rumored to also be selling the streaming rights for both RAW and SmackDown, according to analyst firm BTIG.
BTIG analyst Brandon Ross reported WWE likely is considering the idea of selling the streaming rights of RAW and SmackDown as separate contracts instead of the current combo package as a way to squeeze more money from their new television contracts. In the current television deal with NBC, the streaming rights to both shows went to Hulu which NBC holds some ownership stake in.
Ross speculated WWE could fetch up to $25 million per year from the streaming rights of separate RAW and SmackDown deals and push the overall value of their new television contracts to around $500 million per year.
Full Card for NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Night 7
NJPW recently released the full card for Night 7 of their on-going Best of the Super Juniors tournament. This event occurs later this morning at the Nagoya Congress Center Event Hall in Aichi, Japan and airs on New Japan World’s VOD service.
Full card for Night 7:
* Shota Umino & Chris Sabin versus Yuya Uemura & Dragon Lee.
* Tomoyuki Oka & KUSHIDA versus Yoshi-Hashi & Yoh.
* Marty Scurll & Chase Owens versus El Desperado & Minoru Suzuki.
* Ryusuke Taguchi & Toa Henare versus Tetsuya Naito & Hiromu Takahashi.
* Best of the Super Juniors A Block – Tiger Mask versus Flip Gordon.
* Best of the Super Juniors A Block – ACH versus Yoh.
* Best of the Super Juniors A Block – Taiji Ishimori versus Yoshinobu Kanemaru.
* Best of the Super Juniors A Block – Will Ospreay versus BUSHI.
WWE Contacting Talent for Mae Young Classic 2 Tournament
WWE is reported to be currently in the process of contacting talent for this year’s Mae Young Classic tournament, according to PWInsider.
PWInsider’s Mike Johnson reported the WWE has been contacting potential talent over the past two weeks for their upcoming Mae Young Classic 2 tournament. Tapings for this tournament are currently rumored to occur this August at Full Sail University in Orlando, Florida.
Johnson also reported those contacted by the WWE included some who competed in last year’s tournament and some who participated in tryouts for the company in the past.