NJPW New Japan Cup 2020 Night 3 & 4 Results, Night 5 Card
NJPW New Japan Cup 2020 Night 3 Quick Match Results (June 22):
- DOUKI, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, El Desperado, & Minoru Suzuki defeated Gabriel Kidd, Yuya Uemura, Yota Tsuji, & Yuji Nagata via Pinche Loco (pinfall 10:33)
- New Japan Cup 2020 Tournament First Round – SANADA defeated Ryusuke Taguchi via O’Conner Bridge (pinfall 15:47)
- New Japan Cup 2020 Tournament First Round – SHO defeated Shingo Takagi via Shock Arrow (pinfall 17:06)
- New Japan Cup 2020 Tournament First Round – Kota Ibushi defeated Zack Sabre Jr. via Kamigoye (pinfall 15:15)
- New Japan Cup 2020 Tournament First Round – Taichi defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi via Black Mephisto (pinfall 21:51)
NJPW New Japan Cup 2020 Night 4 Quick Match Results (June 23):
- New Japan Cup 2020 Tournament First Round – BUSHI defeated YOH via MX (pinfall 15:42)
- New Japan Cup 2020 Tournament First Round – YOSHI-HASHI defeated Hiroyoshi Tenzan via Butterfly Lock (submission 17:35)
- SHO, Toru Yano, Tomohiro Ishii, & Kazuchika Okada drew Hiromu Takahashi, Shingo Takagi, SANADA, & Tetsuya Naito via Double Countout (12:28)
- New Japan Cup 2020 Tournament First Round – Hirooki Goto defeated Yujiro Takahashi via GTR (pinfall 16:40)
- New Japan Cup 2020 Tournament First Round – EVIL defeated Satoshi Kojima via Everything is Evil (pinfall 20:08)
Here is the partial card for Night 5 of NJPW’s New Japan Cup 2020 tournament, which takes place this Wednesday morning at an undisclosed location in Japan:
- New Japan Cup 2020 Tournament Second Round – Kazuchika Okada vs. Yuji Nagata
- New Japan Cup 2020 Tournament Second Round – Togi Makabe vs. Tomohiro Ishii
- New Japan Cup 2020 Tournament Second Round – Toru Yano vs. Hiromu Takahashi
- New Japan Cup 2020 Tournament Second Round – Taiji Ishimori vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru
Zack Ryder and LuFisto File New Trademarks
Zack Ryder and LuFisto recently filed several new trademarks to the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
A trademark for “Lufisto” was filed by indie wrestler LuFisto on June 13th for wrestling-related purposes.
MLW Reviving Former Television Series
Major League Wrestling announced that they will be reviving their classic Underground television series starting next month.
The company announced that the first episode of their classic series will be arriving on July 11th and will air on BeIN Sports, MLW’s YouTube channel, and other MLW platforms.
This series originally aired from 2003 to 2004 on sports cable network Sunshine Network, now known as Fox Sports Sun, and featured Joey Styles as the play-by-play announcer.
Major League Wrestling’s (MLW) Underground TV series returns to airwaves this summer starting on Saturday July 11.
The episodes will air in their original unedited form in sequential episodic order and feature the touchstone moments that established Major League Wrestling.
“Since MLW returned in 2017, fans have demanded the return of the Underground and it finally happens this summer,” said MLW CEO and Founder Court Bauer.
Originally premiering in April 2003, MLW Underground launched the league into national and international prominence. The series features MLW originals, legends and luminaries such as: CM Punk, Terry Funk, Steve Corino and the Extreme Horsemen, Satoshi Kojima and dozens of the sport’s greatest wrestlers across multiple generations.
The first episode will feature the rise of Major League Wrestling, headlined by Vampiro vs. Christopher Daniels from the historic 2300 Arena, formerly known as the ECW Arena in South Philadelphia.
Joey Styles serves as the play-by-play man calling the action each and every week.
MLW Underground will air as a limited engagement on beIN SPORTS, MLW’s YouTube channel and all MLW platforms.