MLW Owner Court Bauer on MLW’s Curent Plans for Live Events
Sports Illustrated held a recent interview with Major League Wrestling owner Court Bauer and one of the topics discussed included the company’s plans to resume live events at some point in the future.
“I will wait until we are sure it’s safe to return.We’re doing that for our fans, our athletes, and our crew, and all of their families. We do not want to put anyone at harm. We’ll see what the NBA looks like once they go live with their season, and we’re seeing what is happening with WWE. This [battle with COVID] is far from the rearview mirror. Our decision to proceed will be dictated by science and experts in the medical world. Until we know it’s safe, we’re going to be as judicious as possible.”
Billy Gunn, Cody, and CMLL Files New Trademarks & Trademark Update for Cody
Billy Gunn, Cody, and former CMLL owner Sofia Alonso recently filed several new trademarks to the United States Trademark and Patent Office.
A trademark for the “American Nightmare” logo was filed on June 26th by Cody Rhodes for wrestling and merchandise-related purposes. A trademark for “Cody Rhodes”, which had been filed on April 13th, was recently given an initial refusal by the USPTO due to it being in conflict with a trademark of a similar name filed by WWE.
A trademark for the logo of CMLL was filed on June 25th by former CMLL owner Sofia Alonso for wrestling and entertainment-related purposes
NJPW New Japan Cup 2020 Night 7 Results & Night 8 Card
NJPW New Japan Cup 2020 Night 7 Quick Match Results (July 2):
- New Japan Cup 2020 Tournament Quarter-final Round – Hiromu Takahashi defeated Tomohiro Ishii via Time Bomb II (pinfall 19:12
- New Japan Cup 2020 Tournament Quarter-final Round – EVIL defeated YOSHI-HASHI via Ref Stoppage (2:00)
- BUSHI, Shingo Takagi, & Tetsuya Naito defeated Yuya Uemura, SHO, & Hirooki Goto via Spinning Codebreaker (pinfall 9:34)
New Japan Cup 2020 Tournament Quarter-final Round – Kazuchika Okada defeated Taiji Ishimori via Cobra Clutch (submission 16:52)
New Japan Cup 2020 Tournament Quarter-final Round – SANADA defeated Taichi via O’Conner Bridge (pinfall 22:50)
Here is the partial card for Night 8 of NJPW’s New Japan Cup 2020 tournament, which takes place on July 3rd at an undisclosed location in Japan:
- New Japan Cup 2020 Tournament Semi-final Round – EVIL vs. SANADA
- New Japan Cup 2020 Tournament Semi-final Round – Hiromu Takahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada