NJPW G1 Climax 2020 Tournament Night 1 Results & Night 2 Card
September 19, 2020
Osaka, Japan – Osaka Prefectural Gym
NJPW G1 Climax 2020 tournament Night 1 Quick Match Results:
- Yuya Uemura defeated Yota Tsuji via Boston Crab (submission 6:57)
- G1 Climax 2020 A Block match – Will Ospreay defeated Yujiro Takahashi via Stormbreaker (pinfall 7:34)
- G1 Climax 2020 A Block match – Taichi defeated Jeff Cobb via Black Mephisto (pinfall 12:47)
- G1 Climax 2020 A Block match – Minoru Suzuki defeated Tomohiro Ishii via Gotch Style Piledriver (pinfall 13:00)
- G1 Climax 2020 A Block match – Jay White defeated Shingo Takagi via Bladerunner (pinfall 19:28)
- G1 Climax 2020 A Block match – Kota Ibushi defeated Kazuchika Okada via Kamigoye (pinfall 21:35)
Here is the card for Night 2 of NJPW’s G1 Climax 2020 tournament, which takes place this Sunday at the Osaka Prefectural Gym in Osaka, Japan. Night 2 airs live on New Japan World starting at 1:00AM EST.
- Yota Tsuji vs. Gabriel Kidd
- G1 Climax 2020 B Block match – Juice Robinson vs. YOSHI-HASHI
- G1 Climax 2020 B Block match – Toru Yano vs. SANADA
- G1 Climax 2020 B Block match – Hirooki Goto vs. KENTA
- G1 Climax 2020 B Block match – Zack Sabre Jr. vs. EVIL
- G1 Climax 2020 B Block match – Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito
WWE, Chris Jericho, and Miro File New Trademarks
WWE, Chris Jericho, and Miro recently filed several new trademarks to the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
A trademark for “FYtnessNutrYtion” was filed on August 13th by WWE for fitness and entertainment-related purposes.
A trademark for “Bella Glam” was filed on September 14th by WWE for health and hygiene related purposes.
Trademarks for “Million Viewer Man” and “Clint Bobski” were filed on September 14th By Chris Jericho for merchandise and entertainment-related purposes. Clint Bobski was the name of Jericho’s character on WWE’s Southpaw Regional Wrestling comedic series.
A trademark for “Miro” was filed on a September 13th by Miro for merchandise and entertainment-related purposes.
Misc. Wrestling News & Notes
Josh Barnett announced on Twitter that Lindsay Snow, Killer Kelly, Erik Hammer, and Jon Moxley are the next set of official competitors for this year’s Josh Barnett’s Bloodsport event on October 11th in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Lucha Libre AAA reportedly are currently hoping to be able to resume holding events in Mexico this October, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Dave Meltzer reported that Konnan mentioned these plans in a recent episode of his Keepin It 100 with Konnan podcast.
Major League Wrestling recently announced that LA Park Jr. will be making his return to the company as part of their resumption of tapings and events later this year.
Rocky Romero and several other representatives from New Japan Pro Wrestling reportedly were seen at the tapings for United Wrestling Network’s Primetime Live series earlier this week in Long Beach, California, according to PWInsider.
During a recent interview with WrestleZone, Rob Van Dam revealed that he is currently signed to a per-taping contract with Impact Wrestling.