- WWE developmental talent Simone Johnson, daughter of Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, announced on Twitter that she will be undergoing knee surgery on Monday. Johnson also stated that this will be the third time she has needed surgery on her knee to fix lingering issues.
- A new episode of WWE Untold and WWE Timeline will be arriving on the WWE Network later this week, according to WWENetworkNews.com. A new episode of WWE Timeline will arrive on September 16th and will focus on the Mickie James vs. Trish Stratus rivalry in WWE. A new episode of WWE Untold will arrive on September 20th and will focus on the John Cena vs. Edge TLC match at WWE’s Unforgiven 2006 event from September 2016.
- Trademarks for “Desmond Troy” and “Ashante Adonis” were filed by WWE on September 8th for wrestling and entertainment-related purposes.
- AEW reportedly drew around 300 paid fans for their September 9th episode of AEW Dynamite at Daily’s Place in Jacksonville, Florida, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
- Nick Jackson, Miro, Jungle Boy, and Luchasaurus reportedly were in attendance for NBA’s virtual crowd this past Friday for Game 5 between the Los Angeles Clippers and Denver Nuggets, according to Fightful.
- Trent’s mother Sue reportedly was backstage during the September 9th episode of AEW Dynamite and brought everyone homemade cookies to enjoy as a treat, according to Fightful.
- New Japan Pro Wrestling recently announced that they will be holding a Lion’s Break Crown tournament for their weekly NJPW Strong series within the near future.
- Dave Boy Smith Jr. and Brian Pillman Jr. reportedly will be fulfilling their remaining contractual obligations to Major League Wrestling for the company’s resumption of television tapings this Fall, according to Fightful. Both Smith Jr. and Pillman Jr. had requested their releases earlier in the year but were denied by MLW officials. Smith Jr.’s contract with MLW expires at the end of this December while Pillman Jr.’s contract expires in Summer of 2021.
- United Kingdom-based sports cable network Fight Network UK reportedly has recently been dropped from cable network Showcase TV in the region, according to the Wrestling Observer. Dave Meltzer reported that this means Ring of Honor’s weekly ROH TV series no longer airs in the U.K. as a result.
- Pro Wrestling NOAH and the NWA reportedly have been in talks for a potential NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship match between The Great Muta and Nick Aldis, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Dave Meltzer reported that the tentative plans are for this match to take place on October 6th and somewhere in the United States.
- Dragon Gate reportedly has recently signed a deal with LEC Corporation for a new weekly wrestling series for Amazon Prime Video Japan streaming service in Japan, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
- United Wrestling Network announced that the main event match for their second episode of their Primetime Live series on September 22nd will be a NWA Worlds Women’s Championship match of Priscilla Kelly vs. Thunder Rosa (c).