WWE recently announced that they will be holding a Heritage Cup tournament for NXT UK as part of the brand’s upcoming return to weekly television.
This will be an eight-man tournament held under British Rounds style rules and the winner will receive a trophy that WWE stated will be considered similar to a championship belt and be defended regularly.
Full list of competitors for NXT UK’s Heritage Cup tournament:
- Flash Morgan Webster
- Noam Dar
- Alexander Wolfe
- Dave Mastiff
- Joseph Conners
- Trent Seven
Full list of British Rounds rules for NXT UK Heritage Cup tournament:
- All matches consist of six three-minute rounds.
- All matches are 2-out-of-3 Falls.
- Falls can won be won by pinfall, submission or count-out.
- Once a fall occurs, the round ends.
- The match ends once a wrestler has won two falls.
- In the event of a disqualification or knockout, the match instantly ends without the need for two falls.
- If all six rounds are completed, whomever is ahead on falls wins the match.
- There will be a 20-second break between each round.