NXT TakeOver 31 Media Call
Triple H held a NXT TakeOver media call this past Wednesday discussing a variety of topics related to WWE and the company’s NXT brand.
Some of the highlights included:
- Triple H stated that NXT’s upcoming TakeOver event will have “a different, unique look and feel and that fans will figure out what means on Sunday.”
- WWE reopened their Performance Center following its brief closure due to the company’s recent COVID-19 outbreak.
- Triple H stated that WWE has been in discussions with their talent urging them to take precautions but did not directly answer the question of if the company would punish those who break their COVID-19 protocols.
- Kyle O’Reilly getting a NXT Championship match was something NXT officials had been planning on doing for some time. Triple H stated that those plans did get rushed a bit due to the recent circumstances in the company.
- Triple H stated that he currently does not know if NXT will be involved in the upcoming WWE Draft.
- On the topic of Retribution, Triple H stated that he has very limited involvement in WWE’s creative plans for their main brands and roster.
- Tripe H confirmed that there have been talks within the company of moving NXT to a different day of the week. He also jokingly stated that nobody asks the other company (AEW) why they are not moving to a new day since NXT had Wednesdays first.
- Triple H confirmed that Tegan Nox has had knee surgery to fix her torn ACL.
Full media call audio: F4WOnline.com
John Cena Comments on Status of His WWE In-Ring Career
A recent episode of The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon had John Cena as the guest and one of the topics discussed included the current status of Cena’s in-ring career in WWE.
“With Elbow Grease books, I have a very young audience in WWE. A lot of kids, a lot of families, and as my in-ring career is not as active, it’s not over, but it’s not as active, I wanted to continue to send messages to those younger viewers.”
Transcript h/t: Fightful.com
WWE Files New Trademarks
WWE recently filed several new trademarks to the United States Patent and Trademark Office.