WWE revealed more details about their upcoming “Superstar Spectacle” special, which will feature Indian WWE wrestlers.
The two hour special will air on Indian TV and WWE Network on Tuesday, January 26 at 9:30 AM ET and 8 PM Indian Standard Time.
The show will be taped at the WWE ThunderDome in Tampa and will “incorporate stunning elements of traditional and contemporary Indian culture.”
Along with featuring WWE’s Indian wrestlers, WWE says that several non-Indian wrestlers will also be on the show, including “Drew McIntyre, Rey Mysterio, Charlotte Flair, AJ Styles, Bayley, The New Day, Shinsuke Nakamura, Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode, Natalya, Ricochet and Ric Flair.”
These ten Indian wrestlers will also be on the show:
- WWE Superstar Jinder Mahal, the first WWE Champion of Indian descent.
- The Bollywood Boyz, WWE Superstars Samir and Sunil Singh.
- The first all-Indian tag team in WWE, Indus Sher, featuring Rinku and Saurav.
- NXT Superstar Jeet Rama.
- Kavita Devi, the first Indian woman to sign a WWE contract.
- The Great Khali trainees Giant Zanjeer (7ft 2in, 340 pounds) and Dilsher Shanky (7ft, 310 pounds).
- Guru Raaj, the first Indian-born high-flyer in WWE.