Several wrestlers who haven’t been on WWE TV in a while have either been discussed as possible surprise Royal Rumble entrants or have been spotted in St. Louis ahead of Saturday’s Royal Rumble PPV.
- Kurt Angle – Angle is in St. Louis and there have been discussions about him possibly returning to WWE in an on-screen role recently, according to Fightful Select. WWE is also doing press events and shooting other footage this weekend, which Angle will reportedly be taking part in, so this doesn’t necessarily mean that Angle will compete in the Royal Rumble. Angle last wrestled at WrestleMania 35 in 2019, losing to Baron Corbin.
- Asuka – Several wrestlers in WWE believe that Asuka will make her return at the Royal Rumble, Fightful reported, though it’s not confirmed. She has at least been discussed as a possible surprise entrant.
- Kairi Sane – Sane has also been pitched as a possible entrant for the Rumble, Fightful says. She last wrestled for WWE in July 2020 and her contract has reportedly expired.
- Cameron – Former WWE wrestler Cameron is in town and will be competing in the Royal Rumble match, according to PWInsider. She last wrestled for WWE in 2016 and also wrestled for AEW in one match in 2020 using her real name, Ariane Andrew.
- Melina – Melina is also in town and will be wrestling in the Rumble match, according to PWInsider. The former WWE Divas and Women’s Champion last wrestled for WWE in 2011, but has made random appearances on “legends night” episodes as recently as last year.
- Aksana – She’ll also be wrestling in the Rumble match, PWInsider says. She last wrestled for WWE in 2014.
- Bron Breakker and Gunther – It was reported last week that they will at least be backstage at the Royal Rumble, so it’s not clear if they’ll actually compete or will be there for another reason.