Santana Reportedly Expected to Make AEW Return Soon
As noted before, Santana has been out of action for AEW since June of 2022 due to a knee injury.
Dave Meltzer reported in this week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter that his sources stated that Santana is currently expected to be ready to return to AEW soon.
Meltzer reported that due to Santana’s having a falling out with Ortiz, it is currently not known where he will fit in for his return to the company either as a tag team or singles wrestler.
WWE Reportedly has Restriction Clause with Arenas Hosting WWE & AEW Events
WWE reportedly currently has a clause with arenas containing restrictions on the ability to run WWE and AEW events in the same venue, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
Dave Meltzer reported that his sources stated that WWE’s current events booking clause with arenas prevents those same arenas from being able to accept bookings for AEW events within a certain number of weeks before or after a WWE event.
Meltzer reported that these terms also forbid both AEW and the host arena from being allowed to publicly announce nor sell tickets for a show until after WWE’s event in the arena has taken place.
AEW House Rules Results – June 2, 2023
June 2, 2023
Tupelo, MS – Cadence Bank Arena
June 2nd AEW House Rules Quick Match Results:
- Britt Baker defeated Ruby Soho
- Jay Lethal & Satnam Singh defeated The Boys (Brandon & Brent Tate)
- Powerhouse Hobbs defeated Shawn Spears
- Max Caster defeated Pat Buck
- The Hardys (Matt Hardy & Jeff Hardy) & HOOK defeated Juice Robinson, Kyle Fletcher, & Preston Vance
- AEW Women’s Championship – Toni Storm (c) defeated Skye Blue
- Dax Harwood defeated Daniel Garcia
- TBS Championship – Kris Statlander (c) defeated Anna Jay A.S.
- Orange Cassidy & Darby Allin defeated Big Bill & Ethan Page