As noted before, a new Japanese Joshi wrestling promotion is currently planning to launch this Fall in the United States.
This new promotion announced earlier today that their official name is Sukeban and will be holding their debut event on September 21st at the Capitale in New York City, New York.
It was also announced that tickets for their upcoming debut event officially went on sale starting today.
Official press release (via PWInsider.com):
Sukeban World Premiere Set for September 21st in New York City
Joshi Wrestling Company to Debut at Capitale in Downtown Manhattan, with Tickets on Sale Now
First Ever All-Japanese Joshi Wrestling Company in the United States Brings Japan’s Top Female Wrestlers to a Global Audience
Coming Soon Trailer Previews Sukeban’s High-Octane Action and Unique Anime and Live Action Content
New York, NY (September 1, 2023) – Sukeban, the first ever Joshi women’s wrestling company outside of Japan featuring an entirely Japanese roster, will hold its World Premiere event on September 21, 2023 at Capitale in New York City. Featuring the strongest women’s roster in North America, Sukeban will hearken back to the glory days of Joshi wrestling to present the authentic, hard-hitting, phenomenal Joshi experience.
The Sukeban coming soon trailer, available here, highlights the intense action, anime influence, and world-class competition that Sukeban will offer fans.
Tickets go on sale for the World Premiere today, Friday, September 1st at 10 a.m. ET exclusively via DICE, conveniently linked from www.sukeban.com. The main event of the World Premiere event will feature Ichigo Sayaka (aka Unagi Sayaka) vs. Countess Saori (aka Saori Anou), with the winner competing for the Sukeban World Championship at Sukeban’s second event in the United States, to be announced in the coming weeks.
The Sukeban name is an ode to the girl gangs of the 1960s and 1970s that helped bring feminism to the forefront of Japan. Sukeban’s roster features many of the world’s best wrestlers portraying new characters that they have helped influence and create. The company’s four stables, The Vandals, Harajuku Stars, Cherry Bomb Girls, and Dangerous Liaisons, feud with one another to reach the apex of Sukeban. The contracted roster, signed to long-term deals, includes:
* Atomic Banshee, portrayed by Ram Kaichow
* Otaku-chan, portrayed by Kaori Yoneyama
* Midnight Player, portrayed by AOI
* BINGO, portrayed by ???
* Ichigo Sayaka, portrayed by Unagi Sayaka
* Maya Mamushi, portrayed by Maya Yukihi
* Saki Bimi, portrayed by SAKI
* Babyface, portrayed by Ancham
Cherry Bomb Girls
* Crush Yuu, portrayed by Yuu
* Supersonic, portrayed by ???
* Riko Blondie, portrayed by Riko Kaiju
* Countess Saori, portrayed by Saori Anou
* Commander Nakajima, portrayed by Arisa Nakajima
* Lady Antoinette, portrayed by Risa Sera
* Queen of Hearts, portrayed by Miyuki Takase
* Stray Cat, portrayed by ???
In addition to exciting wrestlers added to the roster, the World Premiere event at Capitale in New York City features several elements that will make the event unique:
* Championship Belt, unveiled in New York, designed and created by the greatest industrial designer of this generation, Marc Newson.
* Wrestler costumes and all merchandise designed by world-famous creative director and fashion designer Olympia Le-Tan.
* Hats created by the most important milliner in history, Stephen Jones.
* Finger nail art by social media superstar Mei Kawajiri (Nails by Mei).
* Aime and manga art by fast-rising artist and author Sakana Koji.
Sukeban’s debut event in New York will be followed by further events around the United States and globally, with additional plans to be announced in the coming weeks. With ambitious growth plans and a strategic focus on its content ecosystem, Sukeban is poised to expand operations worldwide and pull from numerous lucrative revenue streams.
For more information, visit sukeban.com and follow Sukeban on Instagram, TikTok, and X at @sukeban_world.
An official debut trailer for the new promotion was also released as part of their announcement.