Regarding the online rumor of Rob Van Dam returning to WWE, Power Slam reports in their latest issue that RVD is seriously considering returning to the organization once his contract with TNA Wrestling expires. The magazine adds that the feeling is mutual as people in WWE want the master of the Five-Star Frog Splash back.
“RVD from what we’re told would receive a warm welcome in WWE,” the magazine says.
Providing that no contract extension has been reached since his arrival to TNA Wrestling in March 2010, it would appear that Van Dam will be a free agent in the near future. It was reported in 2010 that RVD had signed a two-year contract with TNA.
During his hiatus from full-time wrestling, Van Dam said he would consider returning to WWE if and when he felt ready.
“One thing that’s for sure is that WWE and I do have a good-faith understanding that if and when I’m ready to return that I’ll be talking to them. They look forward and hope that we’ll be doing business again,” he told the Baltimore Sun during an interview.
Van Dam, who turned 41 years old last month, performed for WWE from 2001 to 2007. Should RVD return to WWE, he would join a select group of former WWE world champions—Booker T, Kevin Nash and Mick Foley—who joined TNA and ultimately returned to the Stamford based organization.
It should be noted that we can’t confirm any of this.
ROH: Carlito & Bobby Steveson Reportedly Were Backstage at 5/18 ROH TV Tapings, Sam Leterna Thanks Tony Khan for Bringing Her In For Guest Interviewer Work at 5/18 ROH TV Tapings
Sol Ruca vs. Becky Lynch Match No Longer Being Advertised for WWE Women’s Intercontinental Title at 5/23 WWE Saturday Night’s Main Event Show
Chris Jericho on His Inspiration for His Recent Name Change to Just “Jericho” in AEW




