More on TLC and Raw Plans Following WWE’s Illness Outbreak
Prior to today’s announcement of several matches being changed for this Sunday’s TLC PPV, WWE was originally planning on the main event of the show to be a very long match due to the star status and amount of people involved. There was also the possibility of additional segments being added to the show if WWE needed to fill more time. One possibility was a Drifter segment while the other would be a tag match between Matt Hardy & Jason Jordan vs. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson.
With today’s changes to the card, F4WOnline’s Bryan Alvarez reported that WWE is currently planning on giving the Finn Balor vs. AJ Styles match a lot of time for the show. WWE stated that Balor will still feature his Demon persona for this match.
In regards to the status of Roman Reigns, Alvarez also reported that WWE is currently working on big creative changes for RAW with Roman Reigns now out of action for an unknown amount of time. Reigns became the third person confirmed to have fallen ill from the current viral infection spreading around the RAW brand locker room. Bo Dallas and Bray Wyatt are also ill. RAW ring announcer JoJo was also pulled from RAW brand shows recently as a precaution, though she is not confirmed to be ill.
Updated card for TLC as of today:
* Kickoff Match – Sasha Banks vs. Alicia Fox
* Cruiserweight Championship – Kalisto (c) vs. Enzo Amore
* The Brian Kendrick & Gentleman Jack Gallagher vs. Cedric Alexander & Rich Swann
* Asuka vs. Emma
* Raw Women’s Championship – Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Mickie James
* AJ Styles vs. Finn Balor
* 5-on-3 TLC Handicap Match – Kurt Angle, Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins vs. Braun Strowman, The Miz, Kane, Cesaro & Sheamus