NJPW Announces Partial Cards for Both Nights of Wrestle Kingdom 14
New Japan Pro Wrestling recently announced the partial cards for Wrestle Kingdom 14, which takes place on January 4-5, 2020 at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan.
Partial card for Night 1 of Wrestle Kingdom 14 (January 4th):
- IWGP Heavyweight Championship – Kota Ibushi vs. Kazuchika Okada (c)
- IWGP Intercontinental Championship – Tetsuya Naito vs. Jay White (c)
- IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship – Hiromu Takahashi vs. Will Ospreay (c)
- Jushin Thunder Liger, Tatsumi Fujinami, Great Sasuke, & Tiger Mask vs. Naoki Sano, Shinjiro Otani, Tatsuhito Takaiwa, & Ryusuke Taguchi
Partial card for Night 2 of Wrestle Kingdom 14 (January 5th):
- Champion vs. Champion Winner Takes All match – IWGP Heavyweight Champion vs. IWGP Intercontinental Champion
- Loser of IWGP Heavyweight Championship match from Night 1 vs. Loser of IWGP Intercontinental Championship match from Night 1
- Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Chris Jericho
- IWGP Junoir Heavyweight Tag Team Championship – Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH) vs. El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori (c)
Major League Wrestling News & Notes
Major League Wrestling officials reportedly were pleased with the early pay-per-view numbers from their Saturday Night SuperFight event this past Saturday in in Cicero, Illinois, according to PWInsider.
MLW announced that they have recently signed a partnership deal with Lucha Libre AAA. Their existing partnership with The Crash Lucha Libre reportedly has been dropped, according to PWInsider.
MLW also announced that they will be returning to Cicero, Illinois in February 29, 2020 for an event called Intimidation Games 2020, which will be a set of television tapings for their weekly MLW Fusion series.
Tom Lawlor’s current contract with the company reportedly is expiring soon and talks between both sides for a new contract have been going well, according to PWInsider’s Mike Johnson.
MLW announced a new match for the card of their Blood & Thunder event on November 9th in Orlando, Florida:
– Falls Count Anywhere match – Jimmy Havoc vs. Mance Warner
Misc. Wrestling News & Notes
Stardom announced that they will be holding an event on January 4th at the KFC Hall in Tokyo, Japan and it will end with plenty of time remaining before the start of NJPW’s Wrestle Kingdom 14 for those interested in attending both events.
Championship Wrestling of Arkansas announced that Jerry “The King” Lawler will be making an appearance for the company at their No Surrender event on January 18, 2020 in North Little Rock, Arkansas. Lawler will be facing off against current Arkansas Heavyweight champion “The LVR Boy” Matt Riviera in a title vs. career match at the event.