Mia Yim Impact Wrestling Status Update
Impact Wrestling’s Under Siege 2022 event this past Saturday featured former WWE talent Mia Yim making her surprise appearance in the company. Follow the AAA Reina de Reinas Championship match, Deonna Purrazzo launched a sneak attack on Taya Valkrue resulting in Yim making her surprise return to help out Valkyrie.
Fightful Select reported that their sources stated that Yim’s appearance was not meant to be a one-night type deal and instead she recently signed an official contract with the company.
This was Yim’s first appearance in Impact Wrestling since March of 2017.
Tammy Sytch Fatal Car Accident Arrest Update
As noted before, former wrestler Tammy Sytch was arrested this past Friday in Florida following the conclusion of a police investigation into a fatal car accident involving Sytch this past March. Sytch was charged with nine counts of DUI, driving with a suspended license, and manslaughter and is currently facing the possibility of up to thirty years in prison if convicted of felony DUI manslaughter.
NewsDaytonaBeach.com reported that police investigators had obtained a warrant shortly after Sytch’s fatal car accident to test her blood, which revealed her blood alcohol level to be at a 0.28 and around 3.5 times higher than the legal limit to operate a vehicle in the state of Florida.
F4WOnline’s Joseph Currier reported that a Florida-based bail bondsman service company called Volusia Country paid Sytch’s bond amount of $227,500 to bail her out of jail this past Saturday afternoon.
Misc. Wrestling News & Notes
New Japan Pro Wrestling recently announced four new matches for the card of their Capital Collision event on May 14th in Washington, DC:
- United Empire (Aaron Henare, Aussie Open (Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis), & Jeff Cobb) vs. TMDK (JONAH, Shane Haste, & Mickey Nicholls) & Bad Dude Tito
- Great-O-Khan vs. Chase Owens
- Rocky Romero, Yuya Uemura, David Finlay, Tanga Loa, & Fred Rosser vs. Team Filthy (West Coast Wrecking Crew (Royce Isaacs & Jorel Nelson), JR Kratos, Danny Limelight, & “Filty” Tom Lawlor)
- Ren Narita vs. Karl Fredericks
Major League Wrestling recently announced a new match for the card of their Kings of Colosseum 2022 event on May 13th in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania:
- Microman vs. Mini Abismo Negro
Game Changer Wrestling recently announced a new match for the card of their Downward Spiral event on May 28th in Las Vegas, Nevada:
- Matt Cardona vs. Blake Christian
All Japan Pro Wrestling recently announced a new match for the card of their 2022 Dynamite Series event on June 12th in Tokyo, Japan:
- Minoru Suzuki, Kento Miyahara, & Suwama vs. Jake Lee, Yuma Aoyagi, & Shuji Ishikawa
Revolution Pro Wrestling recently announced a new match for the card of their Epic Encounters 22 event on May 22nd in London, England:
- Undisputed British Women’s Championship – Kylie Rae vs. Alex Windsor (c)
Prestige Wrestling recently announced a new match for the card of their The New Reality event on June 18th in Pomona, California:
- Lee Moriarty vs. Konosuke Takeshita
The National Wrestling Alliance recently announced a new match for the card of their Alwayz Ready event on June 11th in Knoxville, Tennessee:
- NWA National Heavyweight Championship – Chris Adonis vs. Jax Dane (c)