WWE has recently removed six documentaries from the WWE Network service, according to PWInsider.
Mike Johnson reported that all six documentaries removed featured Bret Hart either as the main focus or as part of the topic of a documentary and that it is likely that Hart’s ongoing dispute with WWE regarding the legal status of the Stampede Wrestling library was the reason for the removals.
While WWE owns the Stampede Wrestling library, Hart owns the rights to all of his matches and footage in the promotion. WWE previously pulled episodes of Stampede Wrestling TV from the WWE Network in 2015 due to those episodes featuring footage of Hart.
List of documentaries removed:
- Bret Hart – The Best There Is, the Best There Was, the Best There Ever Will Be (2005)
- Hart and Soul: Hart Family Anthology (2010)
- WWE Top 50 Superstars (2010)
- Greatest Rivalries: Bret vs. Shawn (2011)
- Bret Hart: The Dungeon Collection (2013)
- The Most Powerful Families in Wrestling (2019)